Eek! I noticed I haven’t posted since AUGUST, so there is quite a lot outstanding from the past few weeks. I’ll sum up, bullet-style,
– film fest was good, five films, one terrible (Bugmaster – Japanese, self indugent, no plot), one awesome (Penelope – you MUST see it).
– went to my first stitch n’ bitch at Lettuce Knit. Fun. Met someone from high school. Also saw
– got grades back from Ryerson. A-. Not bad, considering exam shenanigans.
– started a Librivox.org account, and bought a headset microphone. Have recorded chapter 36 of Bronte’s Villette, if anyone wants to hear me reading to them. Am working on a solo project recording of Peter Pan and Wendy, one of my favorite children’s books. Contemplating Moby Dick
– finished reading ‘Company of Cheerful Ladies’. Loved it. Want to read ‘Blue Shoes and Happiness’ ASAP. Am still only 130 pages into Bill Bryson’s ‘Sunburned Country’, am 60 pages into ‘Time Traveler’s Wife’ and am reading all sorts of knitting books.
– butternut squash harvest was prodigious. Over 20 squash so far and counting. Tomatoes have gone wild and taken over back yard. Eek.
– completed Doctor Who scarf, waaaay ahead of schedule!!!! looks good, but is too short. No way it will reach 12 feet. Is 10 feet, maybe.
– completed Aaron’s gloves, and delivered. Now working on pair in same pattern, but pink, for new friend Julia, whose birthday it is.
– catsitting for
– work sucks. Not sure how to make it better. Working on that.
– am sick. Sneezing. Stuffy nose. Runny sometimes. Throat hurts. Sucks.
– JVL still loving the crap out of his camera. Bought himself flash. Learning Photoshop. Posting daily to his photoblog. Sometimes photos are of me, and cute. Like so:
That is all for now. More later. Stay cool, everyone. Smooches.